Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Pumpkin Scones

Last night while surfing the internet, I found http://lafujimama.blogspot.com/ through the foodbuzz (http://www.foodbuzz.com/) website. I saw the recipe for Pumpkin Scones and set out to make them. I got out the butter, and went to grab my can of pumpkin, which I was sure I had. Well, I was wrong. No pumpkin! I was so disappointed. So today after work I stopped by Wally World and picked up some pumpkin (and some candy melts for cake pops I plan on making to take to work for my birthday on Thursday).

I came home, got the sheets into the wash (Bea was naughty last night, so I had to wash them! Grrr....). As the clothes were going, I started in on the scones. (See recipe at the end.)

Here is the dough...
And the dough shaped into a round...
And cut into trangles...next time I'm going to make the dough round thinner and shape it into a rectangle and cut them into smaller triangles...
The baked scones...

An individual scone sitting on top of the others...
They are very tasty scones! I highly recommend them!

Pumpkin Scones

Ingredients:

1 T. butter
1/2 c. sugar
1/4 tsp. salt
1 egg
1 c. pumpkin puree (cold)
2 c. self-rising flour (if you don't have, you can make your own by sifting together 2 cups flour, 1 tsp. baking soda, 1 tsp. baking powder, and 1/2 tsp. salt)

Directions:

1. Preheat oven to 440 degrees. (Or 450 if you don't have an oven with a digital display.)

2. Beat together butter, sugar, and salt (by hand or with an electric mixer.)

3. Add egg and then pumpkin. Stir in the flour. (Depending on how sticky the dough is, you may need to add more flour.)

4. Place a piece of waxed paper on a cutting board. Sprinkle the waxed paper with flour. Turn your dough out onto the waxed paper. Put more flour on top of dough, then put another piece of waxed paper on top. Roll out with a rolling pin. Either roll into a round shape and cut into 12 wedges, or roll out into a rectangular shape and use a biscuit cutter to make round scones. Put cut dough onto a Silpat-lined baking sheet. ***NOTE: Do not cut on your Silpat...you will ruin it!

5. Place on top shelf of oven for 15-20 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment