Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Snipples

These are a sweet German pancake my grandma used to make for my mom & her siblings growing up, and was passed down to my mom who made them for my sister & I, and which I make for myself now!

Ingredients:

3 to 4 eggs, beaten
1 cup milk
1 cup flour
1/2 tsp. baking powder
dash salt
sugar

Directions:

Whisk together eggs, milk, flour, baking powder and salt until smooth. In a heated, buttered (or sprayed with Pam) skillet or griddle, pour some batter. Swirl the pan to get the batter into a thin layer. When edges begin to curl, flip. Cook other side slightly. Either while still in pan, or on a cutting board, cut the "pancake" into squares. Put into bowl and add sugar (add a little after each batch or two so the sugar will melt from the heat of the snipples). Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment