Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Crawfish Soup

UPDATE: I just made the soup tonight...oh so good!

Although I haven't tried this myself, everyone who did said this was very good. So I thought I'd get the recipe from my aunt and make it myself. I'm waiting to see if Super Wal-Mart has the crawfish cheaper (Lincoln Center Hy-Vee has frozen for $7.99 a pound). I'll be stopping at Wal-Mart before heading home, as I have all the other ingredients ready to go! Looks like I'll be eating soup for the next week!

Ingredients:

1 stick butter
1 onion, chopped
1 can Cream of Chicken Soup
1 can Cream of Mushroom Soup
1 can Cream of Celery Soup
3 soup cans milk
1 pound broccoli, cooked (I used frozen chopped and cooked in the microwave for about 7 minutes.)
1 pound box Mexican Velveeta (or regular Velveeta plus 1 tsp. chili powder) (I used the 2% and 1 tsp. Tastefully Simple Fiesta Party Dip mix)
2 pounds crawfish (I used frozen from Wal-Mart...a total of 24 oz., which is plenty.)

Directions:

Saute butter and onion. Add soups, milk, broccoli, Velveeta and crawfish. Cook until heated through.

No comments:

Post a Comment