Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Peanut Butter Crumb Cakes

I made these to take to Mark's over the weekend. I had 2 6-oz. heart-shaped ramekins, and since it called for 4, I made the other 2 in my pumpkin-shaped ramekins. These are not diet friendly (see nutrition facts below), but I wanted something tasty to take! The way I made them might be slightly less, as I used light PB and 1% milk (it called for 2% milk and regular PB).

Ingredients:

1/3 c. creamy peanut butter (I used light peanut butter)
2/3 c. packed brown sugar
3/4 c. flour
3 T. cold butter
1 egg
1/3 c. milk (I used 1%)
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/8 tsp. baking soda
1/3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (I used mini chocolate chips)

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Using kitchenaid mixer (or by hand...I just liked the ease of using the mixer), cream peanut butter and brown sugar until crumbly. Stir in the flour. Add butter cut into small chuncks and allow mixer to cut it in until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Set aside 1/3 cup for the topping. Add baking powder and baking soda to the rest of the mixture.

In a small bowl, whisk the egg, milk and vanilla. Stir the milk mixture into the peanut butter mixture just until moistened.

Transfer to four 6-oz. ramekins coated with Pam. Add chocolate chips to reserved peanut butter mixter, and then evenly sprinkle over the four ramekins.

Bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from ramekins to a wire rack to cool completely.

Yield: 4 servings

Nutrition Facts: 1 serving equals 522 calories, 25 g fat (11 g sat. fat), 77 mg cholestrol, 293 mg sodium, 68 g carbs, 3 g fiber, 11 g protein.

No comments:

Post a Comment