Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Autumn Bisque

This is a recipe Mandy Mack made a couple of years ago at Cook's Emporium. I changed it up a bit today since I didn't have some of the spices called for.

Ingredients:

1/2 cup diced onion
3 T. minced garlic (I used 3 garlic cloves)
4 c. peeled and cubed Butternut Squash (the smaller the cube, the quicker it cooks)
3 c. chicken stock (enough to cover veggies to cook them)
4 Bay Leaves (I couldn't find them today, so I didn't use)
1 (15 oz.) can Pumpkin Pie Mix
2 c. heavy cream (I used 1 c. 1/2 & 1/2 & 1 c. 1% milk)
Allspice, salt and pepper to taste (I didn't have allspice, so I used Pumpkin Pie Spice)
Garnish: sour cream, cinnamon and nutmeg

Directions:

Saute onion and garlic in some olive oil over low to medium heat. Add squash to the pot along with the chicken stock. Simmer until squash becomes soft.

Using a hand blender (or in a blender or food processor), puree mixture until smooth.

Add bay leaves, pumpkin pie mix and heavy cream. Simmer for 25-30 minutes. Remove bay leaves and season to taste.

Garnish and enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. I think you need to dig our your camera and take pictures of these yummy sounding food items.

    ReplyDelete